I’m Tanya Jacobs, a Durban-based wedding and lifestyle photographer, and I love photographing joyful moments, one beautiful wedding or family session at a time.
I spent 10 years telling all sorts of stories in the media world, before turning my passion for photography into my career.
I love getting to know people and photographing their love, joy and emotions. It’s such an honour to be able to do that! I get to spend an entire day, or maybe just a short little session, watching people and capturing moments that I know they’re going to treasure and love forever.
With photography, I didn’t just find the need for telling stories fulfilled; I found love. And genuine people.
So when I shoot a wedding day, I go all in – and shoot the detail, the prep and all of the happiness, right till the end on the dance floor when things can get really entertaining.
If you’d like to know more about my wedding day collection or my family packages, please get in touch and I’ll email you some more details.
And in case you’re here to find out more about my non-biz life…
I’m a small town girl, originally from Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal. In 2013, my husband, Christiaan and I packed our three scotties (William, Maggie and Bailey) and two cats into our cars and followed a removal company to our new home on the coast.
Christiaan and I got married in November 2012 at Providence, Midlands Meander on what I now describe at the happiest day of my life (at the time, I thought our wedding day was definitely the best day of my life). The best day happened three years and three days later when we welcomed our first daughter, Ella into the world on 6 November 2015.
Being a mom? It’s the best thing in the world!!
Being a wife, mom and business owner? It’s the hardest challenge I’ve ever taken on, but it’s the most exhilarating, exciting and rewarding.
Spending lazy days with family, baking, DIY-ing and travelling to new places are among my favourite things. Along with chocolate milkshakes and eating olives.
A few more things about me:
– I have been a waitress, dairy product promotion girl, journalist and newspaper editor, all of which have made me into the photographer that I am today.
– I love trying out new restaurants and have a long list of places I’m dying to try. Have a favourite? I’d love to hear what it is!
– Inspired to bake Ella’s first birthday cake, I’ve taken up baking and it’s completely surprised me how much I love it! I’m willing to share my cake boss secrets.
– I’m a Mac. Apple everything.
– My past as an editor and journalist has merged with my experience as a wedding photographer, but I love telling stories with pictures now.
– I’m serious about loving chocolate milkshakes and there’s probably not a single day that goes by that I haven’t had one.
– My dream is to travel and photograph the depths of Italy.
All my gear is Nikon professional gear, fully insured and always charged. My work horse is my Nikon full frame, D750 with a back up packed neatly in my bag.
I shoot with a variety of lenses, but my 24 – 70mm f2.8, 70 – 200mm f2.8, 105mm and 50mm are my go to lenses.
* Images of me taken at Camp Orchards.
FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM
INFO@TANYAJACOBS.CO.ZA | DURBAN AND MIDLANDS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER